Question:
Laptop won't detect any wireless internet?
Midler
2010-03-31 21:35:45 UTC
My router is on, and my laptop can't detect it. I've tried my friend's laptop to connect to it, and it did. My problem is, my laptop(DELL studio) wouldn't detect any wireless internet at any places. What am I supposed to do? HELP?!! please.
Six answers:
Hollywood
2010-03-31 21:40:10 UTC
Okay, stupid question...Is your wireless turned on (I have a Dell Studio) little switch towards the back on the left side???

If it is, have you tried to hard wire into your router? If you can connect wired, check in your device manager to see if you integrated wireless adapter is functioning.
cen
2010-03-31 21:42:37 UTC
There are two simple things that I can think of that may be wrong. Both would be easy to fix, so try these first:

a) Make sure SSID broadcast is actually enabled in your router. If it's turned off, that wouldn't actually prevent you from connecting, but your network manager wouldn't display the SSID on the list of detected networks after performing a scan, so you might just assume that there was a problem, even though there wouldn't actually be one.

b) Change the channel you're using. Interference can be surprisingly bad even when there are only a few other WiFi networks in the area.
larry_bob18
2010-03-31 21:43:02 UTC
if your wireless switch is turned off the laptop won't pick up the signal. you can turn on the switch or hard wire using ethernet.
?
2016-12-16 11:44:37 UTC
it would desire to be that the instant change on your workstation is turn off. attempt to analyze the radio button. attempt switching it on and rancid. Then if it nevertheless no longer working, attempt to reinstall the driving force of your instant card. no count if it remains no longer detecting then your instant card had long previous undesirable.
i am confused
2010-03-31 21:37:49 UTC
Maybe your wifi is turned off? look at the guide in the source, it might help
Demp
2010-03-31 21:38:09 UTC
Did you turn that little switch on?