Question:
Which is better a I pad or a tablet?
1970-01-01 00:00:00 UTC
Which is better a I pad or a tablet?
74 answers:
Dave
2015-10-09 11:37:04 UTC
An iPad is a tablet. That's like asking which is better, a Desktop computer or a Dell.
Sonya
2015-10-11 21:27:09 UTC
In my opinion I pad is better than the tablet
Selena
2015-10-10 22:17:02 UTC
Personally, I prefer iPad. Why?? because its thinner and way more faster than regular tablets (Note that iPad and Tablet are the same). I have both and am most satisfied with the iPad. I Use my iPad for business and I bring it with me everyday. I also use it as my Second display with an app call Air Display which is awesome! iPad is faster,cleaner,secured and camera works perfectly! (But I use my iPhone for that lol)
Dovis
2015-10-09 11:37:51 UTC
i think android
darrenforster99
2015-10-13 00:01:46 UTC
It all depends - some people like iPads and some like tablets and actually the iPad is a tablet it's just Apples name for their tablet (it's like saying in the 80's which was better - a Sony Walkman or a portable cassette player - they're the same thing Walkman was just the brand name for Sony's portable cassette player).

The main question though is which is better an iOS based tablet, a Windows based tablet or an Android based tablet. All three do have their pros and cons.

iOS - iOS is a very good operating system, if your used to Mac OS and have a Mac or have an iPhone and like it then this is possibly your best option. The only major problems with iOS is the various restrictions placed on it. Apple are very protective over their iOS and as such some software and hardware wont always work with iOS. Flash and Java both are not available on iPad's which can cause some issues with some websites that require this, although many websites now are moving away from Flash and moving more towards HTML5 as this is much better and compatible with many devices, including iOS, but there are still quite a number out there that are still using Flash - as for Java this is a much bigger issue as it is still a lot more popular than Flash and on some gaming sites you can find issues with the lack of Java. Also with iOS if you want to print from your tablet you'll need to get a specific Airprint compatible printer, some none airprint printers will still work with the use of third party apps, but many are restricted on what you can and can't print and can be quite tricky to get working properly (I've found Canon's printers are really tricky to get working on iOS). Also with iOS your stuck with just one brand - all iPads are made by Apple and they're are different versions out there but that one version always has the same things on them and if you want something a bit different like a higher resolution camera or more internal memory your pretty much restricted to what Apple offer.

Android tablet - Android tablets are good, they come in a variety of different flavours - multiple companies make Android tablets so unlike iOS your not restricted to those made by Google/Motorola (although some of the Google ones are actually very good). If you have an android based mobile phone and are used to it then it shouldn't take too much to get used to an Android tablet. An android based mobile phone is pretty much any smart phone that isn't a Nokia, Microsoft or Apple (although HTC do also do a few Windows phones too). The handy thing with the fact that multiple companies make Android tablets is that it allows for so much more diversity. You can get pretty much any tablet that will do specifically what you want to do with it - they range from basic tablets with just a browser and wi-fi all the way up to all singing all dancing full HD screens, UHD cameras, loads of memory, etc. There are also various editions of Android - there is Android v1.x-5.x, 5.x (Lollipop) is the latest edition, but many devices are still using some version of 4.x Android tablets do have a massive advantage that they link very easily to your Google account, so if you have GMail, using Google Photos, Google Contacts, Google Drive, etc all of these can be transferred across your various Google accounts when you login - so you'll find if you've got an android based phone and you login on an android based tablet that all your contacts should automatically copy from one device to the other, and the same with pictures that have been backed up. Google are a lot more open than Apple when it comes to developers. This does have some advantages and disadvantages - one major advantage is that many of the android tablets do have a mobile version of Flash (although this is being phased out more and more now, and the Flash is an older version - but it's actually only a matter of time before Flash is totally killed off), and also they do have versions of Java, so it can be easier to get things running on here, but of course that also does have it's disadvantages - there is a lot of stuff in the Play store, including junk that hasn't been properly checked by Google, so you've just got to be careful with what you install. As for other hardware, the main hardware for people is getting printers working. Google tablets tend to use Google Print for printing facilities, and if you've got some kind of network printer you can usually find that Google print works fine with those. It's certainly nowhere near as restrictive as Apple print.

And finally we get onto the Windows tablets - pro's to owning one - if your used to Windows 8 and you like Windows 8 then well that's a good thing. The Windows tablets can be picked up for a lot less with a lot more features on than either the iPad's or Android tablets, although some basic Android tablets can be cheaper but have less functionality. Even though these are Windows based tablets it doesn't necessarily mean that all your Windows programs will run on it. These tablets use the ARM range of processors where as most Windows programs are wrote for 80x86 series processors, therefore the developers need to recreate the software for the ARM CPU). If you have a Windows based phone and like it - like the Nokia Lumia range or Microsoft phones then you might get on with this tablet. The Windows based tablets though can be a bit complicated to use, and as they were very late to the tablet table they are considered quite far behind the times, and certainly don't have anywhere near as much support from communities as either the iOS or Android tablets.

Out of the three - if it was my choice it would be the Android tablet as it has all the functionality, support and is much more open than the Apple device, also the different brands allow for a lot of different choice rather than being stuck with what ever Apple offer.
masud
2015-10-12 05:07:15 UTC
My opinion,I pad is better than the tablet
Emanuel
2015-10-11 07:31:15 UTC
Depends. If you want the Simple and Fast way go for the iPad. If you want to go for the customizable and advanced go with Android. Also like said before; There are a wide selection of android tablets. Ipad is just only one
Mojammel
2015-10-11 01:03:58 UTC
Tablet is better then I Pad
2015-10-10 22:18:06 UTC
an ipad
?
2015-10-10 17:20:41 UTC
Questions like these are usually a source of opinion. For me, its a tablet mainly because I grew up without Apple and my father hated the company. I grew up and followed in his footsteps. I still don't know if thats a good thing or a bad thing. But maybe this will help: if you look into some tablets made with an Android OS, you may find that there are different models while ifnyou buy an iPad, you may find only one model or other updates model versions.
Livinrawguy
2015-10-14 08:51:18 UTC
I prefer a tablet not only are they a lot cheaper they have a Micro SD port for added memory storage Ipods lack this.
Andrew
2015-10-14 17:20:25 UTC
An iPad and Android tablet is mostly the same thing but it the operating system that is different. If you have another Apple device go for the iPad! iPads are easier to use but Android Tablets are more customizable. Let me just clear things up. Most people say android tablets have better specs and run faster, but that is not true. iPads are just as good or even better then most Android Tablets in real life usage and performance tests.. Specs are not everything. And apple makes their own soft ware so it is better optimized and will run much smoother and get updates as soon as they come out. I Suggest you get and iPad and if your on a budget get an older iPad or a Android tablet. (iPads are tablets too)
Yash
2015-10-09 11:43:53 UTC
It depends what kind of tablet you want. There are a wide range of tablets and if you wanna buy a tablet I will only recommend you to buy from Samsung. They are the best in Android and have all the features in best quality. High quality camera, Super Amoled Ultra HD Display, 3GB RAM, Note series comes with Ś Pen, Good battery backup for Samsung Galaxy Tab (phones excluded), TouchWix UI which is a lot better than any other android home interface launcher. I pad is always good and belongs to Apple and the best thing it comes with Apple A8 Chips.
sam "rockstar"
2015-10-12 08:46:48 UTC
Tablet
Wolf
2015-10-12 06:49:08 UTC
First to clear things up. And IPad is a tablet. But now let's get into the main point

IPads might be easier to use cause it has iOS. It's just made to be easy for everyone to use and be user friendly

Tablets/Android they are more customizable and they have more beefier specs and can handle games a lot better.

To the end of the day it depends on what you're gonna use it for and if you are good software wise. If you want to customize go for android/tablets. If you just want everything to be simple go for IPads. But I personally prefer android. I have my Nexus 7 2013 edition and I haven't thought once about selling it!
billie
2015-10-12 00:02:07 UTC
Tablet is better then I Pad
ella
2015-10-11 22:31:50 UTC
Tablet is better then I Pad
skm
2015-10-12 06:40:26 UTC
Tablet is better than I pad
?
2015-10-12 06:06:22 UTC
In my opinion I pad and tablet to good
saurav
2015-10-13 02:49:02 UTC
absolutely Ipad is better than tablet. but this is depend on according to your budget. if you have enough money than you buy tablet.. because is lasting and smooth.. otherwise tablet. bt function is same even that is either ipad or tablet. but you know tablet is operate by android which is open-source from tablet you can easily devlop your skills where ipad cannot.. actually i dont prefer you anything that is depend on your usuage capability.
?
2015-10-13 03:13:07 UTC
Everything depends on your taste and purposes. In terms of hardware capabilities, Android and Windows tablets are well ahead of iPads. Still, iPads work great because Apple makes both hardware and software. 99% of applications and services can be downloaded for both iPads and Android tablets, so it is only up to you to decide what to use.
Andy T
2015-10-10 16:15:52 UTC
You've got the nomenclature mixed up, iPad is a tablet, the one of many running iOS, nearly all others are Android, mirroring the Mac/PC landscape.

Personally I would avoid iOS except with very good financial incentive. Not exactly avoiding it like The Plague, just no reasoning to go for one at all if cheaper alternatives abound, the interface is quite dated too. Not exactly friendly to someone who is used to Android already.

In short I consider iPad a very bad choice, my friend is mildly dissatisfied already.
Micah
2015-10-14 12:55:58 UTC
IPad is a tablet. By tablet i assume you mean Android (linux). I stay clear of Apple products (I anything). Solely because the cost is much higher due to having their logo. Apple products tend to be higher cost for lower processing power. Apple's software assume users cannot manipulate their software. Apple does not want you to tamper with their software. Android (Linux) assumes you will.

Apple products are a joke to the Linux community. One thing I remember is you cannot remove the battery and replace them yourself on some Iphones. You have to send them back for repair. As opposed to Android phones where you can buy and replace a battery yourself for a fraction of the cost.
?
2015-10-11 17:32:57 UTC
If you have an iPhone or an Apple computer, it makes more sense to get an iPad. However, iPads cost more than a tablet. I have an iPhone, but I don't have an iPad (I have a Kindle) because the Kindle was cheaper. I have a Windows computer.
?
2015-10-11 20:53:37 UTC
If you getting the device just to use the internet then a iPad might be for you. If you have a computer at home. I find a HP Stream Note book is cost wise and disposable and I am allowed to do everything on it a can do on a Personal Computer. It all depends on what your application of use is going to be mainly. Battery life between charging also should be a consideration.
2015-10-09 12:27:52 UTC
Ipad because it is faster and more thinner. Tablets are cheap, though, so price-wise tablets are better.

All the best,
2015-10-09 12:18:17 UTC
An iPad is always a better choice. Other tablets are just pretend iPads.
Rakib
2015-10-11 00:54:30 UTC
The biggest difference between the iPad and Android tablets is the operating system since the iPad runs on iOS while Android tablets run on Google’s Android.
Jack
2015-10-13 12:23:26 UTC
iPads are very easy to use and would likely cause less confusion than using an android tablet. Apple tries to appeal their products to everyone. I have used Apple products for years and would highly recommend any Apple product.
2015-10-10 12:03:07 UTC
Ipad because it is faster and more thinner. Tablets are cheap, though, so price-wise tablets are better.
ashten
2015-10-09 11:38:03 UTC
An iPad is a tablet but it's just a different name
AMS
2015-10-11 21:07:12 UTC
Both is best. Yet tablet is better than ipad.
2015-10-15 08:42:08 UTC
Tablet is better than iPad
2015-10-09 11:37:47 UTC
Better for what? Better depends on what you want to do with the device and what your budget is. But iPads are tablets. However, I understand what you mean.
Kaito leon
2015-10-11 18:56:10 UTC
iPad for style, selfies, and etc..

tablets and 2 in 1 tablet are more efficient in terms of business and schools especially on powerpoint presentation's, word, excel, access, and more :D
Maurice Joyner
2015-10-15 13:10:13 UTC
An iPad is apples tablet. They're one in the same
?
2015-10-14 14:50:41 UTC
Ipad
Hin Long
2015-10-14 04:47:17 UTC
Ipad
george
2015-10-12 22:01:43 UTC
IPAD is better than tablet as it is portable with big display
King
2015-10-14 15:17:35 UTC
it depends on your needs.

ipads need itunes for syncing songs pictures and videos and constantly need to be upgraded to the newer version of iOS which apple releases and you can not download and save anything to it from the web.

Tablets/Androids on the other hand give more flexibility...can exchange data over bluetooth wifi and for transfering media files you just need your usb cable and plug it into your PC and there you go..no software needed..and you can also download files from the internet and save them to your device and use it whenever you wish..

ANDROID gives user a more friendly PC experience at your hand.

ps: IPAD handles games more effeciently
Harjinder
2015-10-11 03:15:25 UTC
Tablet is best because it have more features as compared to ipod
Anna
2015-10-12 19:02:47 UTC
I pad. It is more portable than the tablet.
Raisul Islam
2015-10-13 23:47:38 UTC
Tablet is better.
Danny
2015-10-11 11:22:58 UTC
they're both tablets, but i would highly recommend iPad, more specific, iPad air 2 great size and fast as bleep :D
chandana
2015-10-12 22:11:20 UTC
I think tablet is better.
Anthony
2015-10-14 21:20:47 UTC
Apple is trash, android Master Race
asker
2015-10-11 23:21:16 UTC
hi
chrisjbsc
2015-10-09 12:14:37 UTC
The best tablet available would be the Surface Pro 4:

http://www.microsoft.com/surface/en-gb/devices/surface-pro-4
Jns
2015-10-09 14:05:39 UTC
An iPad, it works better and it's OS is so much more user friendly
Annah
2015-10-14 07:11:53 UTC
Tablet ....IPads are too stressful
?
2015-10-14 21:37:41 UTC
tablet
rogerv123
2015-10-13 22:00:36 UTC
I didn't want an iPad, but my friend's mom is so fat, she sat down on my iPhone and she made it an iPad!!!
Md mijanur Rahman
2015-10-12 23:37:31 UTC
pad
ming
2015-10-12 10:31:58 UTC
pad
Gordon
2015-10-10 12:35:19 UTC
pad
Space
2015-10-10 07:40:12 UTC
i vote for the tablet
Md. Nasirul
2015-10-23 07:18:47 UTC
I pad is good.
kamrun nahar
2015-10-10 23:38:09 UTC
i pad
?
2015-10-12 09:17:09 UTC
Apple beats all. unless you want free music lol
Mahabub
2015-10-10 21:43:01 UTC
Both is better in their own place.
md
2015-10-14 06:24:03 UTC
ipad
2015-10-11 23:16:17 UTC
ipad
josh
2015-10-11 22:21:13 UTC
ipad
2015-10-11 21:27:48 UTC
ipad anyday
?
2015-10-15 06:48:18 UTC
to are good, but i ped is better because its easy yo carry every place
2015-10-12 00:18:28 UTC
Simple answer: iPad...
2015-10-12 16:15:19 UTC
ipad its portable
?
2015-10-12 20:31:32 UTC
iPad definitely!
Globeeshop
2015-10-12 03:59:50 UTC
It depends on your requirements and your use.
AAAJ
2015-10-09 13:05:48 UTC
Somehow both are same
Mark