Question:
2 keys on a laptop keyboard stopped working - how can I fix myself?
stosh1031
2006-03-21 11:42:09 UTC
2 keys on a laptop keyboard stopped working - how can I fix myself?
Four answers:
daveduncan40
2006-03-21 11:43:28 UTC
First turn the computer off. Then spray some Windex or other window cleaner on the keys and work them repeatedly. If something got stuck on them this should clean it off.
Grrraarrr
2006-03-21 12:35:31 UTC
Usually something is just stuck under or in the keys and to clean them out will take care of it. If you pry the keys off of your keyboard, you might break them. If they are really broken, you'll have to replace the keyboard and to get that part, you'd just have to call the manufacturer.
primonate
2006-03-21 14:06:46 UTC
I put the small story of my laptop keyboard here, hoping that it will help ... The keyboard of one of my laptops didn't really like getting Jolt Cola ...

www.anakata.hack.se/keyboard/
2016-05-20 06:27:44 UTC
I didn't know that key actually did anything.