Question:
Windows Vista Shutdown help?
2009-10-25 02:33:31 UTC
I have windows vista 32bit. since yesterday when i go to shutdown my computer the screen goes black, but when i open it up later without even pressing the power button it starts up and the login screen comes up straight away. usually the computer shuts down but resumes my last session, how do i get it to do that again?
Four answers:
apple2005
2009-10-25 02:59:15 UTC
It means that you have made it to sleep rather than shut down. If you close the screen down, the laptop will automatically go to sleep mode.

Sometimes the shut doown is inside the small arrow.
liam j
2009-10-25 02:47:18 UTC
If you are using a laptop, try letting it completely shut down before closing the top. Some laptops will go to sleep when you close the top and stop the shutdown process.
2009-10-25 02:43:05 UTC
For some reason the main shut down button gives a different command, hover over it and see what it says, if you want to properly shut it down click the small arrow for options and choose there, this has happened to mine before. Instead of shutting down it just went to sleep.

Hope this helps!
gardy
2017-01-21 14:02:55 UTC
Open administration panel and flow to capacity ideas. there will be numerous selections,while to sleep or hibernate etc make confident it extremely is set to teach off and stay up etc. If that doesnt fix it, carry down the capacity button for around 5 seconds. which will turn it off. attempt rebooting now and see if it is going to activate and rancid. Its probable is caught in a loop and basically could desire to be reset.