Question:
How do I repair a laptop DVD/CD drive?
ona_samanzing444
2006-02-28 23:34:49 UTC
My computer drive begain making a very odd spinning noise on boot up. I clean it and am software but not hardware savvy. I live in the South Pacific so lots of bgs. I have tried cleaning but can't remove it, don't know how, to see if there is something on the cables connecting the drive. Any help out there?
Four answers:
ivoksky
2006-02-28 23:43:49 UTC
I have had many problems with laptop DVD/CD drives. Such problems that cant be fixed by cleaning may require you to see a computer technicial. From my expirience, the have always advised me to have the CD drive replaced.
gecko_au2003
2006-03-01 05:28:46 UTC
get the laptops manual ( specifically for that make and model of laptop ) if it uses a modular bay you will be able to swap it out, if not then it will most likely be a fixed drive. If thats the case then just get an external cd/dvd drive I suggest a dvd-rw drive.

Make sure you have the correct connectors to use the external drive before you get it though ( they are normally USB 2.0 which are backward compatable.
2016-12-13 12:02:38 UTC
liquid crystal demonstrate restoration will be a minimum of $one hundred and fifty, then include the DVD rigidity, plus the cost of delivery and the downtime of being devoid of your computing gadget. I presume it is out of assure in which case you ought to nicely be extra ideal off looking an area restoration save that would grant used aspects quite than going new from Dell. swifter and cheap.
chimeitekisentou
2006-03-01 13:36:39 UTC
Go on ebay find a replacment drive simple as that.