Question:
Dell computers? - Not likely.?
Gabor J. B
2006-12-12 04:48:48 UTC
Over the years Dell worked hard to build up a good international reputation.
Question: How could Dell par up with McAfee software provider and sell Dell Computers already installed with the same???
That provides buyers with nothing but problems, frustration...etc.
McAfee's Cust.Reps'. number is given as 1-800-269-6990 to be contacted for help. A young male voice rattling away on a disrespectfully high speed speech and provide the information to open web-site: “Dell.McAfeehelp.com”. Yahoo and Google search engines both responses that name (in diff. variations) “did not match any documents”.
I consider that as an insult from McAfee’s part. I am working regularly with PC since 1985 and associate my platforms with NORTON misc. anti-virus soft wares,
updated on yearly basis. Since that time I have had NO PROBLEM with Norton Products. Sad that Dell reputation will slide down with McAfee products. I certainly will not recommend again Dell Computer to any one else again.
Four answers:
budaklolo
2006-12-12 04:53:39 UTC
I think its all about pricing. Dells need to keep its prices competitive that is why it chooses McAfee's. Right now it is using AMD processors instead of Intel, again its the price factor. AMD is cheaper that most Intel chips. It want to compete in the computer industry by keeping cost down, although it might stir some people away by its choices,
justme
2006-12-12 05:00:36 UTC
I agree with the problems you have mentioned with McAfee. My Dell was bought in June 06 and once i started having problems with Mcafee I got the same results. And to try and update like Mcafees warning system tells me is impossible! You have to uninstall and reinstall from their Webb site and it is very confusing. The back up CD that came with my system doesn't even totally reinstall mcafee to 100% protection. I am running in the yellow zone for some of the protection and can't update it no matter what I do. And the warranty is good for another year!
mysticman44
2006-12-12 10:01:16 UTC
Yeah because it was incredibly difficult for me to uninstall the McAfee software off of my new mom's new Dell, it took me 3, close to 4 minutes. How could you say you would not recommend a Dell just because of one piece of trial software they give.
sprydle
2006-12-13 11:21:40 UTC
Dell has just this month switched to Norton as their preffered Internet Security provider. Makes sense because that's what they use on their systems at Dell call centers and offices.

Companies like McAffe and Norton make bids to become a computer company or ISP's preffered provider. In this case Norton outbid McAffe so Dell switched to them.

It took me 30 seconds to uninstall McAffe off my Dell using McAffe's uninstall file.