Question:
how can i work on my computer and then do the work on my laptop without using a data stick from 1 to the other
1970-01-01 00:00:00 UTC
how can i work on my computer and then do the work on my laptop without using a data stick from 1 to the other
Eleven answers:
moloney
2016-11-10 15:44:44 UTC
particular you will possibly prefer a cd ripping utility to make a disk photograph (.iso) record and then use a disk mounting utility to make a electronicchronic. i do no longer comprehend the proper names of any, I in simple terms comprehend certainly one of my buddies does it to play the unique sims sport on his netbook.
2007-07-28 09:50:42 UTC
would network by blue tooth as you dont have to worry about cables
David P
2007-07-28 09:28:13 UTC
option -

Share the files over a network

Copy to floppy disc, CDRW etc

Email the files
stingmyflesh
2007-07-28 09:26:39 UTC
email the work to yourself, open the documents on your laptop and save them to your document folders......?
TERI Sexton
2007-07-28 09:26:28 UTC
How about emailing the document to yourself and opening it in the laptop or desktop when you need to continue. Remember to rename it after it is worked on so that you don't get confused to which document is the most current. I usually just add a number after the name on the save as function so that I know I am viewing the most current one.

Good luck,
2007-07-28 09:25:37 UTC
I work on many different computers and though I tend to use memory sticks which I find easier for portability, I also tend to email stuff to myself which I can pick up on any computer. Why not try that?
2007-07-28 09:21:56 UTC
if your laptop has bluetooth and you have usb bluetooth connected to your pc they can transfer data easily.
2007-07-28 09:21:46 UTC
Network link them!
Chris CB
2007-07-28 09:20:49 UTC
you need to network them together either by blue tooth or wire

how to do this will be in the help program

just look for NETWORKING
Andy
2007-07-28 09:34:03 UTC
The files can be transferred over a network.

There can be a problem with synchronisation.

Depending what you are doing you could use something called "Version Control"[1]. This helps merge independent changes and protects against accidentally overwriting your new copy with an older copy.

If you have a reasonably stable machine that will be on most of the time then you could run CVS or SVN on it as a server and log in remotely to fetch the files. Then you can disconnect, make your changes and then when your ready to resynchronise then reconnect.

You could also try distributed version control such as Bazaar

These version control programs are designed for Computer Source Code but can work with anything, however they work best on text, or text based files. Be careful with things like MS Office (which are binary formats) in CVS, it can have issues if not done properly.

Some Version Control systems

CVS[2]

SVN[3]

Bazaar[4]

Others[5]

Alternitvly you could run an FTP Server[6] or HTTP Server[7] on your computer and copy the files onto your laptop over the network. You would need to add some kind of security to prevent other seeing the files though.

Or you could use SSH[8] (which can provide high security) with SCP[9] over it.

You can use Windows File Sharing but it's likely anyone on the network could see your work and the laptop may not be able to write the files back.

Network file shares are also possible.
2007-07-28 09:19:11 UTC
PAPER