Question:
why do my laptop speakers crackle?
lemonyskillet
2006-03-23 19:16:10 UTC
Ever since I got my computer back from getting a new motherboard, my right laptop computer speaker has had an annoying crackling/buzzing noise if a certain pitch is hit. I know it's not a sound card problem, because when I plug in headphones, the crackling disappears. what can I do to remedy this?
Four answers:
2006-03-23 20:49:52 UTC
Believe it or not, if that speaker is near your computer, your monitor or another electronic device, try moving it away from the other device.

It may be that you have RF (radio frequency) interference that is causing the problem.
roydiez
2006-03-23 21:28:35 UTC
Speaker crackle when they are busted. If someone played some loud music with the volume to the max, the speakers can be permanently damaged (I am sorry to say)... the idea of using external speakers or headphones seems the way to go, since replacing the internal speakers is gonna prove costly and difficult.
Jennifer
2016-05-20 08:00:19 UTC
Since you don't hear the crackle in the phones, it's probably the speakers themselves. Have you played your MP3s at max volume for extended periods? You may have blown your speakers, and you may have to get them replaced. Plug some speakers that have their own power supply into the headphone jack. If you don't hear a cracke, a trip to the computer repair place is in your future.
fewofmany
2006-03-23 20:09:04 UTC
There's nothing much you can do, laptop speakers generally aren't very good quality. It wouldn't surprise me if the speaker is blown, or if it simply wasn't manufactured to handle what you're playing through it. I would suggest buying a cheapo pair of external speakers, or just using headphones.